Photobucket

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Our Peace

Yesterday we laid my dear friend, Juny, to rest. 


A lot of unanswered questions remain. Our minds are heavy. Our hearts are bleeding. Our souls are weary. We lost a very special, unique being. A wonderful son, a brother, an uncle, a friend and so much more to so many.  This is the image of Juny that is burned in my memory.



When he laughed.  All of him laughed.  His smile would light up a room.  And his laughter would make you laugh.  Even if you didn't know why.  What was so funny?  It didn't matter.   



But, he was.  And now we are left behind - with only the memories.  Memories that I will cherish forever.

Matthew 11: 28-29
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls.



Isaiah 57: 21
There is no peace for the wicked.
 

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it.

Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.


 
Lord, give to us, an understanding that puts an end to strife.  Mercy that quenches hatred.  Forgiveness that overcomes vengeance.  Empower all people to live in your law of love.  Lord, I pray that you will lead us from death to life, from falsehood to truth. Lead us from despair to hope, from fear to trust. Lead us from hate to love, from war to peace. Let peace fill our heart, our world, our universe.  Let us understand your amazing grace, precious Lord.
 
And may Juny now Rest In Peace.  And remain forever in our hearts.  Missing your dearly. 
 

The above photograph was taken at sunset in La Playa del Ponce, Puerto Rico. 
The birth city of my dear friend.

2 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your precious friend. Grief is such a heavy feeling. May God give you the peace and comfort that you need to get through this. May His presence overwhelm you today. Thanks for letting me know.

Unknown said...

Melissa and Richard -

I was so sorry to hear about Juny may he now rest in peace. My prayers are with you guys as well as his family!!!

Love ya~
Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...