Photobucket

Monday, November 30, 2009

Love of Sunday Mornings

Hey ya'll, I am back!  Hope ya missed me. 

It was another gorgeous Sunday morning yesterday and I have so much to be thankful for.

We had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving.  (More on that later.) 

There is just something about a Sunday morning.  It always seems so peaceful.  So calm. 



That may have something to do with the fact that I have not found a church in my area since I moved.  (I know, shame on me.)  So we are not running around in the morning trying to get dressed and be on time.  That's how I remember going to church as a young kid. 



However, I have not always been a huge church goer since around high school. 

My mother raised us going to church.  A Baptist Church.  A Baptitst Pre-school.

My father was raised Catholic, however, he was never a church going man.



I have never considered 'going to church' a measurement of your faith or your relationship with God. 

I have always been a very spiritual person who has a deep connection with God.  I treasure it.

It brings be considerable peace to rely on Him.



Now that I hve Miss Layla. I have really been thinking that I need to find a good church to take her to on Sunday mornings! (Heck, we're up!)

Learning about our Savior and how He saved all of us is something I learned and something I must now make sure my daughter understands. 

Religion or Faith in this world is completely personal and there are so many different beliefs to choose from. But in the end.  We praise our God.  It gives us more to believe in.  At least, it does so for me.



I hope you all had a glorious Sunday morning!  Here's to a beautiful week!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Word. I feel the same way. I have been visiting a Methodist church off and on for the past 6 months or so. I haven't taken Gavin yet, I think he needs to be a little older.

Anonymous said...

AMEN to that! It was a beautiful day. I didn't make it to church myself yesterday since my nights now consist of tossin n turnin tryin to get comfty... So not sleeping had me oversleeping yesterday that by the time I got up, my church services had already started. I know I need to rest (BAD)! It's becoming really uncomfortable for me. Walking for long hours is not cool anymore. But anyway, you will find a church soon. No worries. Put it in prayer. And as far as yesterday, it was a nice day. I enjoyed how the hours passed the cooler it got. It sure did feel a lil'wintery!

Can't wait to hear about Thanksgiving...

Big Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...