Photobucket

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

10 years

A lot can happen over 10 years.

Well, let's see.  In the last 10 years, I have...

...graduated from college...


...moved to a BIG city...



...started a career...
 


...continued a loving commitment...



...bought a house...

(That's just a dream house, not my real one.)

...had a darling, precious, beautiful, perfect baby girl...


...and...

...the rest they say, is history!

Obviously, a lot more occurred within that time span than I shared with you all now. 

But, 10 years ago today.  A tragedy occurred on the campus of Texas A & M University.



I can still remember seeing it on breaking news, while I was attending Stephen F. Austin State University.  My baby sister was attending A&M.  And I remember panicking to get a hold of her. 




To make sure she wasn't one of the 12 people that parished that day.

She wasn't.  Thank the Lord.  But, even still. 

12 people lost their life that day.  And today reminds us that the wounds are still fresh.  Even 10 years later.

So, instead of seeing this...



We are now left with memories and tears and this...



And if you have a few minutes today.  Please take the time to remember through this.

The Texas A & M University Rememberance Memorial.



Rest In Peace


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Great post! I visited the memorial last week and it's beautiful.

Melissa said...

Your post made me tear up; I remember that day very cleary. I'm glad your sister was OK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...