Photobucket

Friday, July 10, 2009

Sammie Update


Many of you have been asking about Sammie and how he has made his place in our family. For those of you who do not know who Sammie is...he is the five month old Chiweenie (part Chihauhau, part Weiner Dog) puppy that we adopted from my cousin in April! Well, here he is!!! Tongue and all. More on that later...

Sammie is still very much ALL PUPPY!!! He jumps, he nips, he licks all over you, he trips you, he loves to play...and he loves to scratch at MY feet! Just mine. Why? Not sure. Probably because I don't let him lick all over me like Layla. Or probably because I don't feed him and scratch his head like Richard! I think he just wants more attention from 'mommy!' Or maybe because my feet stink? Ha! Always a possibility...Case in point. Exhibit A. (He looks innocent, but he is after my feet.)

At any rate - Sammie has made this house feel even more like a home!!! He is so happy to see all of us when we arrive home for the day. Layla just absolutely adores him. ADORES! She spends the majority of her time at home on the floor with Sam-Sam. He is the first thing she asks for in the morning. The first thing when I pick her up from Day Care. And the last thing she hugs and kisses before she heads to bed at night. I know, I know...how sweet! (In a way.)

She drives me crazy when she leans over him and just lets him lick all over her and kiss away!!! It sounds sweet, but it is somewhat nasty too. Even when Richard says that a dogs tongue is the cleanest....Of what exactly? That I would like to know. It may have something to do with the fact that I was never raised with a pet, let alone a dog. I am still not use to a dogs tongue on me. Any where. Let alone my face. Icky. But, Layla seems to love it and enjoy it. So, if I am not paying close attention, they are making out. (In the most innocent way possible, of course!)

And as much as he drives me crazy...our house would not feel the same without him. Maybe 'mommy' will come around one of these days and embrace the tongue lick. Maybe...
Until then, this is what I have to look forward to...


YES - he is biting her. And by the look of it - SHE EVEN LOVES THAT!!!!!

But, as long as he can make my baby girl THIS happy...I am positive he is the perfect fit for our family!

1 comment:

JenQureshi said...

I love how Sammie is just gnawing away at her leg and she is laughing and loving it! He's a sweetie and quite a ham for the camera.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...