Photobucket

Thursday, July 23, 2009

PP in the Pot-tee!

PP in the pot-tee! PP in the pot-tee! (You must sing it!)

That is exactly what Layla did last night!!!!!

I am just amazed at the leaps and bounds she is taking this week! I truly have a baby no more!!!!! (Boooo!!!! But, Yaaaaaay!!!!)
I am so proud of her. She is so proud of herself! You should have seen the look on her face when the potty started "singing!"

My friend, Tara, handed over about 3 potties to me last week and we just set them out a few days ago. Actually, the same day "IT" never came home from Day Care.

Anywho - one of the potties sings when PP hits the bowl. As I was drawing her bath and making sure the water wasn't too hot, she asked to go potty a few times. I didn't think much of it and I never make a huge deal about going. So I sat her on the potty and told her to relax. She usually stands up in about .5 seconds and says she is done...not last night!

I was leaning over the tub when all of the sudden I hear, "Ta,da,da,da,DA, DA!" (I do it NO justice!) It was like royalty was entering the room!!!!! Her face lit up and I am sure mine did too! I asked her, "Did you go potty?" And she was so happy, she jumped up and said, "YES!" And sure enough, it was there.

I was so, so proud of her. We danced, we laughed and we sang!!!!

And then into the tub she went.

We tried again this morning, but no luck. But, we are not giving up though. Just like we didn't give up or rather give into "IT!"

Speaking of "IT." Mommy messed up BIG time yesterday.

For a reason I am unsure, I am still taking "IT" to Day Care and leaving it for her. Even though I know she isn't using "IT" anymore. Why am I doing this? I think I'll end that today. I am throwing them AWAY! For good.

So back to the BIG mommy mess up. Daddy was washing her hands after dinner and she saw "IT" sitting in this bowl where I soak all of her sippy cups, etc....aw hell nah!

It was totally my fault! Richard said, "Now you are gonna have to give it to her!" Uh, no! Before he could say another word, and while she was drying her hands...I didn't miss a beat. I snatched and ran to the front door where I knocked. (Pretending someone was at the door.) I said, "Oh hi, Miss Tracey! Here it is." And shut the door, right when Layla came dashing around the corner!!! (She heard it all.) And said, "Miss Tracey got paci?" I said, "Yep, she said NO MORE!" And Layla smiled, turned around and started playing.

Seriously? She keeps amazing me! And to think Richard wanted to just give it back to her? He is such a softy.

Operation on going. Over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...