Photobucket

Friday, July 31, 2009

Craftynest

I love being crafty. Actually, I wish I was more so. Crafty, that is. (and then some!)

I love the feel that a home made or handmade or refurbished item brings to a room! And I have really been "feeling" vintage items made new! Thanks to McKee for getting that notion swirling around in my head! (I just added it to the jumbled mess up there!)

Are you a DIY-er? For those of you that I have lost, that means Do-It-Yourself-er!

My dad is a major DIY-er. And my mom is too, for that matter. I come from a very crafty-DIY-kind-of-home! I am just not very DIY!

But, this recession we have on our hands dear friends, is definitely making me a lot more aware of what I can do for less!

Now, let's all say hello to....

http://www.craftynest.com/

Such a great website! So much fun. Awesome ideas. Great DIY projects! Made easy. Step by step instructions under their DIY tab on the left side bar.

I am still searching around to find the last perfect touches for Layla's BIG girl room. (Other than the bed that I am still on the hunt for!)

And I think I have found a project I am willing to try. Although this may go in MY master bedroom. That is still not decorated!

We all remember these growing up, right?




















I know I had one! In the standard back form.

Well, check out this modern version!!!!!!














Stunning. I just love how the vintage looking scrapbooking paper was used instead of plain old black! Although plain old black would look stunning as well, depending on the rooms decor!

But, what a fun variation? I am on it! This will be my next project...after I finish the gigantic canvas art piece I started on Tuesday. So, here is how to do the silhouette!

Supplies and tools:

photographs
scrapbook paper
glue stick
white card stock
frames
double-sided tape
printer or photo copier
scissors

1. Search your photo collection to find images that are profile or silhouette shots. Copy or print them as large as possible on an 8-1/2- x 11-inches sheet of paper.

2. Tape the photo page and scrapbook paper back-to-back then cut out around shape of the child in the photo.

3. Glue the silhouettes onto white card stock and frame them.

How easy-peasy? I love easy-peasy! And besides. They are just down right adorable.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thanks for this, Mel! Can't wait to try it for Tyler's bedroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...