Photobucket

Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy (belated) birthday, USA!

So, I am a little behind the times...
Have no fear, we definitely celebrated, thanked and ATE on the 4th of July! I just didn't post about it until right now. Ugh!
When I think of July 4th, I have certain images in my mind. Things like family, friends, food - in particular, watermelon, ice cream, hamburgers, hot dogs - you know?!?! All American!
And you cannot think of and celebrate the 4th of July without giving special thanks to those who protect what America is all about! Freedom! Our thoughts and prayers are with all who are fighting to defend our country's freedom. Your sacrifice is not in vain. Thank you .
And the below picture about sums it all up for you!
I just WISH I had pictures like the above to post. I wish...instead I have pictures like the below.
Layla spent the majority of her "Independence" weekend in "her" cabinet. With "her" baby!
We were able to coerce her outside to see some of the neighborhood fireworks. But, only after daddy enticed her with a "cicle!" That is Layla speak for a popcicle. Speaking of, I forgot about "tawberry mil" in my Ooh-sha-Lay-Lay and Such post! That is Layla's request when she wants some strawberry milk. I digress.
Here is Layla peeking out of the garage. Those are some big scary fireworks! I no likey. (Again, I digress. Layla language.)
And she had to keep her eye on all that noise!
At this point, you are probably wondering - where is Layla's red, white and blue outfit? She of course had one. Actually, two. A red dress with white stars...too dressy. And she had her outfit from last year, that still fits! I was going to put her in that. BUT, Layla wanted to rock the sweet watermelon outfit. That is pretty all American. Add some plaid shorts to the mix, and she is good to go. Right?
Let's digress together...
Here is a pic of Layla from last year. Okay, okay. Pictures, with an s.
How adorable is her pose?
Only two teeth, but lots and lots of rolls...love it. Miss them...
As it turns out, Layla didn't like the fireworks last year either. Proof is in the pudding. Or in this case, the picture above.
So, here we are - celebrating July 4th in our garage! Ha! How patriotic is the background?
Holding on for dear life...
Our good friends, Stephanie and Jared came in town to visit. We had a wonderful time with them. We always do. We laugh and laugh and laugh! Jared is a funny character. So put him in the equation with Richard and you have quite the outcome.

Here's to you USA! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...