Photobucket

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Flash back mommy moment

Okay. So last night I totally had a flashback-mommy moment...all at the same time!

And gosh! I appreciate my mom so much more now that I am a mom myself. And I also feel so guilty for what I and my other sisters put her through growing up...

So. I get home yesterday evening. Normal routine. Richard greets us. Gets Layla out of the car, as I grab my purse, Layla's lunch bag, Layla's diaper bag and usually a bunch of trash from the daily grind.

I drop my stuff on the counter. Richard gets Layla an afternoon "cicle" (aka popcicle) and I head upstairs for a few minutes to change, relieve myself and just wind down from the long day...

Yesterday was different. I couldn't make it upstairs, so I had to "relieve" myself in the downstairs powder room.

Now this is where it all goes wrong. And it is somewhat my fault. I didn't close the door in its entirety. Bad mistake.

Before I could finish up, Layla busts in the door asking for "Mommy this, and Mommy that!" And as I was asking her to step out of the bathroom and give mommy a few minutes, Sammie (our pup) busts in right after her and starts jumping all over me. Pants down. Sitting on the porcelin crown. Nice one.

I am shouting for both of them to "Get Out!" And ouch, Sammie, is scratching me. And Layla is screaming because she thinks it's funny!

And I just look up and scream, "Oh my gosh!!!!! Seriously?????" (And I wonder where her new favorite phrase comes from???? Look no further. It is I.)

And Richard says, "That's why you should have shut the door!"

Lesson learned. I'll have to pass that tip on to my mom...

Don't just make sure the door is tightly shut, but a lock is a good idea too!

I am embarressed to admit that we used to just barge in on my mom! When the door was tightly shut. I mean, how rude?????

Tip to all moms. Lock the bathroom doors. I mean...when you are actually IN there!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...