Photobucket

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Creative Growth Charts

I have been trying to think of a clever way to design a growth chart for my little blooming red head! And today I discovered some fun, unique ways to have a one of a kind design! With a little DIY (do it yourself) creativity!
Wall Decals!

Here is the one I picked for Layla's room...

The decal height is 6 feet tall, so I don't think any of our kids will out grow this one before they no longer want to back up to a wall so mommy can take their measurements!

For only $39.99! And since the decal comes in many pieces, you can customize the design to coordinate with the measurement as your little weed grows...
I will be sure to share the photos with you all when I finish decorating Layla's BIG GIRL room. Whenever that day may come...

In order to make a growth chart full of pictures of when your child was a specific height, I would suggest you make paper flowers with their pictures inside to make note of their age and height. Similar to these below!

So, I realize these wall decals are stuck to a wall and not as convenient to tuck away as the vintage growth charts we are all use to, but they do peal off easily to replace elsewhere. And you could always snap a good photograph of the "chart" and have it to treasure forever.

Or if you make the paper face flowers, you will have the information on those to keep! And get creative! You can make shape faces, animal faces, etc...the options are endless and you will have to choose what is important to you.

So, now it is time for some little boy ideas. I am so little girl oriented, but I located a really cute growth chart idea for the boys too! This may be one of my favorites...
It is 52" wide x 72" high and on sale now for $99.95!!! Adorable...and this would really be helpful to keep track of numerous little growing bodies!!
The key to turning wall decals or wall murals into a customized growth chart is to make sure the height is tall enough. So that would be my one and only tip to you!
Or, of course!
You can always go with this!

Which is a super cute, modern growth chart - and you don't have to get creative! Hmm...what a great idea!?!?!?
But, I. I prefer to get creative!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...