Photobucket

Friday, August 7, 2009

2nd year photo shoot

We had the absolute pleasure of shooting Layla's 2nd year photo session with none other than, Jen! It was so much fun and we are thrilled with the sneak peek she has provided on her blog!

If anyone is looking for a great, easy going, photographer, please go check out...

www.jenqureshi.squarespace.com

Here is the birthday girl...two years gone by so fast! And we are loving every second! (Even the hard ones...we are embracing them all!) My sweet, sweet...


And this next picture is one of my favorite. I am a Capricorn, a goat. And we love the climb. We are not scared to work hard to get to the top of the mountain, but we want to get to the top! And the stance of Layla's little body has determination all over it and I love it! These lyrics come to mind...

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb


And I plan on being there every step of the way, guiding Layla over the mountains, just as my mom and dad did (and still do) for me.


I guess at this point, thankfully, Layla has only had two small hills to climb over, but I am still so proud of her and look to the future with much hope and excitement.


But, all I wanna know at this point...who could say NO to a face like that????

Thank you for making our world more colorful Jen! We love you so much!!! And a big shout out to Designs by Courtney Lyn. She made the gorgeous patchwork dress Layla is wearing.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Meli!!

These are beautiful. As usually layla is picture perfect and you look stunning! I love the pic of you on Jen's website.

Tara said...

Thanks so much for having us on Saturday. You are so photogenic! I love the photo booth picture of you; you need to blow that up and hang it on your wall at home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...