Photobucket

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy (belated) birthday, Sarge!

Sunday, September 6th, marked my late grandpa's birthday!  I think of Sarge often and I still miss him to this very day! 

Man 'o man, Sarge-y!  I have this cute little curly headed red head that would drive you bonkers!!!  And you would want 20 of 'em- just like her!  If not MORE!

I wish that your life on this Earth could have been for longer, but I understand HE has His plan for each of us.  And I will see you again before too long.  Until then...

I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near.
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here.
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart.
For as long as I have those memories,
we will never be apart.
Even though we can speak no more
your voice is always there.
Because every night before I sleep,
I have you in my prayer.

Memories by Louise Bailey 

1 comment:

Yakini said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Sarge! I'm sure he is smiling down on his cute-as-a-button granddaughter and beautiful family today! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...