Photobucket

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Don't You Quit

Many years ago my dad bought this poem for me that hangs on my wall and I see it each day as I walk out and as I walk back into my house...

I have always enjoyed it.  But, even more so now.  Probably because I am now a grown up...almost.  And let's face it - life is a whole lot harder when you have to do grown up type of things!  But, don't you quit! 

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit-
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.


Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

So, fight the good fight and don't you quit!  Just keep thinking, and saying, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"  And soon enough, you can say, "I knew I could!"   At least that is what I am praying for...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...