Photobucket

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

down right scary

Was my dream last night.


And I think a little back story would be beneficial here before I continue.

When I was in college, my home town of San Antonio was about 4 and a half hours from my college town of Nacogdoches.  And I traveled home alot the first few years.  And I would always have these morbid thoughts of dying in a car accident.

I know, I know.  Terrible thoughts.  

Other than the fact that it was a tiny, undivided two lane highway with no street lights to guide you.  With tall East Texas Pine Trees to surround you like you are driving in a tunnel. 


Where one night a car was driving on my side of the highway and I slammed on my brakes only to skid out into a 360.  Where the only light you can see for miles is the bright moon in the sky.


But, other than that...I am not sure why I had those morbid car crash thoughts.

Since I stopped making that back and forth trip over 8 years ago, most of those morbid thoughts ceased.  Although I am unsure why seeing as I live in Crazy Driver Town, U.S.A., also known as Houston, Texas.  But, I digress.

I had one of those dreams last night. 

If you have ever been in a car accident, then you know how time almost slows down while you are going through the motions.  The reaction.  The impact.  The aftermath. 

That happened in my dream.  It was a full on car accident.  With two major impacts.

The initial front end impact.  The spinning of the car.  And the final rear end impact when I hit a concrete highway divider.

And then I woke up. 

So it begins.  Again....

5 comments:

undomestic mama said...

Oh Honey, how awful! I hope that was your only one and you won't be plagued with bad dreams anymore.

Ashley said...

Car accidents are never fun! I was rear-ended twice last year. Try not to have anymore of those bad dreams!

ChYmEc!nDy** said...

ohh such a bad dream..

Nicole said...

I am so sorry. I hate those dreams that you wake up and just feel funny or off all day long. On a side note, my fiance's parents live in Fort Worth Texas. Although they just put their house up for sale to move back here to missouri.

georgia ~ gi gi said...

http://www.bellaonline.com/site/dreams check out this site! It is basically telling you that you feel out of control! It is pretty interesting!
I am a (vivid) Dreamer too!
Sometimes good, sometimes not!
xo
gi gi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...