Photobucket

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

where my head is

I am scatter-brained.  Not always, but a lot.  And especially recently. 

Because of THIS!

My heart ached.

I was lost.

I tried to heal.

But, I know he is doing this now...everyday.  Everyday I see him.  While I have not healed completely, I am certain I never will. 

I blogged about him in a round about way for a long time, like this

And this...and this...

But, his passing had me very sad for a very long time.  Who am I kidding?  I am still very sad about it. 

I just want my friend back.  Here.  On Earth.  With us. 

Is that too much to ask? 

I thought so...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so sorry to hear this Meli, I hadn't read that post of yours..it's so hard to lose a loved one, I lost my daddy in March but somehow it's even worse (if that's possible) when they are lost to an act of violence...I will say a prayer for you and his family, keep your head up lady:)

bananas. said...

oh lady i know EXACTLY where you're coming from. i lost my only parent (that matters), my mother, AND baby bro over 10 years ago. and yet i still cry. i still ask why? i miss them more and more every day...

so to answer your question, "is this too much to ask for?" the answer is yes. someday we'll be with our lost loved ones again, but until then, continue to live for them though memory and love.

xoxo...m.

*D* said...

I'm praying for you mel! the loss of someone close is never easy (as you know i'm dealing with one myself) in some ways I don't think the sadness will ever go away, we'll just learn to live with it. you're a strong lady!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...