Photobucket

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome 2010...a bit late

You already know I am behind in "my life postings!"  I mean, heck, life gets in the way, ya know?

So, here are my pics and story telling from New Year's Eve this year.  Did I post that yet?  No, I don't think so.  If I did, please scroll down....to the next post.  Thanks!

So, we brought 2010 in no kinda style.  Well, maybe there was some style, but it wasn't the good kind.  It was the bum kind of look.  Hodge Podge.  Mix-n-Match type of vibe going on...

It is a bitter sweet day for us always, since Richard's mother passed away on New Years' Day last year.  It has been a rough year, and we were excited to usher out 2009 while excitedly ushering in 2010!  We still miss 'Dina though.  R.I.P.

Check out daddy and Layla below!  (I just adore Layla's face!)


She was trying to protect her ears from the fireworks popping off all around us in our neighborhood.  We stayed at home and made a pretty boring, but safe, night of it!  We had some friends in town to celebrate.  They brought the champagne and we provided the food, the margaritas and fireworks! 

Please forgive me.  Yes, I am wearing my sorority sweatshirt from college.  Yes, I graduated in 2001.  Yes, I know it is 2010.  Yes, I am pitiful.  But, we all were on this night....check out Layla's get up!?!  And daddy is wearing Layla's spare beanie.  Pink and purple are HIS colors!  Thought you knew....


Our little sparker, with her sparkler.


And shooting Roman Candles with daddy!  Big girl...


I am embaressed to admit the following, but I will.  The above pictures were taken sometime between 10 and 10:30 p.m.  I went upstairs to put Layla to bed at 11, thinking I would have plenty of time to put her down, come back downstairs, grab a drink and bring in 2010 in bum-esque style!  WRONG. 

Remember Margaritas?  My first mistake was telling Richard to wake me up if I don't come back down in 30 minutes...according to our guests, the last thing they remember was Richard scooping margaritas directly from the blender...right before passing out on the couch at 11:30...

Fast forward to 1 a.m. when I awoke and came rushing downstairs...

...to a passed out Richard and an empty living room.  Our guests had gone to bed because their hosts had passed out - both of them - before midnight.

Oopsy!

On the upside...I celebrated with Nevada or something?!?  Not all was lost...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...