Photobucket

Friday, February 19, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love - 1st stage

Has anyone read Eat, Pray, Love?  I know a few of you have, because it comes highly recommended.  I just started reading the book this week.  The very strange thing about this...is the fact that I DO NOT NORMALLY READ BOOKS.  No lie.  Magazines, all day.  Books, not since college.  And only when required. 


So, I am kinda baffled that I went to a book store.  Asked for help locating the said book.  Found it.  Waited in line to pay for it.  Paid for it.  Went home.  And started reading.  I am on page 73 and I am stunned. 
Did I mention that I NORMALLY DO NOT READ!!!!!????!!!!!

Who is this person who embodied, well, me????  I am so confused. 

But, I find that I go somewhere when I read.  I became Elizabeth Gilbert.  I am now in Italy.  I love it.  Television on around me.  Layla asking me questions intermittenly.  Me answering.  But, then I am right back in Italy. 


Yeah, something like that...or the below.


With mounds of Italian Gelato to enjoy....yes, please.


Sorry.  I am all over the place.  But, my heart and mind remain in Italy!  Ha.

I came across this gorgeous image and I could really use a space like that in my house.   How lovely is that?  I could just sink into that mighty chair and continue my trip through Italy.   

{image via}

Next up....INDIA!  Via Eat, Pray, Love, of course!  But, a girl can dream....


And I will, thank you.  I leave you with my favorite excerpt from the book so far.  Page 65.

So be lonely, Liz.  Learn your way around loneliness.  Make a map of it.  Sit with it, for once in your life.  Welcome to the human experience.  But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.

2 comments:

undomestic mama said...

Oh, I LOVED that book! Let me know what you think :)

Tara said...

It's the best book. I listen to it on my IPOD at least once a week and find something I missed before. Also, there is a follow up book just released but DO NOT peek at it or look into it or anything yet! It will ruin the ending of this book for you if you do...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...