Photobucket

Monday, March 22, 2010

Eat, Pray Love - 2nd stage

Click here to read my initial start to Eat, Pray, Love. 

I am enjoying this book so, so much.  And I love it even more now that I know a movie is coming out soon.  It made me put my reading into overdrive!  Meaning, six weeks after starting the book, I am now on page 253.  Hey!  I was never a reader, so bare with me.

I will admit.  When Italy was over, I did not even want to go to India!  Somehow I morphed into Elizabeth Gilbert and it was ME who was living and eating in Italy.  And I was NOT ready to leave.  But, I had to.

I was not looking forward to India because my friend said she thought it "was boring."  So, I was dreading the fact that I could fall out of love with this book that I had just crushed on.  Hard. 

Fear not, I did not!  India was definitely different from Italy...obviously!  But, my favorite character showed up in India.  Richard, from Texas, no less!

He is a HOOT!!!!  I knew I was gonna like him when he sat down next to her at her dinner table and said,

"Man, they got mosquitos 'round this place
big enough to rape a chicken!" 

That's right, folks.  Richard from Texas has arrived in India.  Please excuse us.  Ha!

And my favorite passage from the India Book is what made me go out and buy this book.  This is what drew me in and made me read.  I can obviously relate...to the monkey mind!  Page 132.

{image via}


...the thoughts that swing from limb to limb, stopping only to scratch themselves, spit and howl.  From the distant past to the unknowable future, my mind swings wildly through time, touching on dozens of ideas a minute, unharnessed and undisciplined. 

...Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.

{image via}

It was calming to know I was not alone in my wild thoughts that dash and move around like tiny mice.  Do you have that problem?  I hope not.  If so, how did you learn to control them?  I would LOVE to know.

I am in Indonesia now.  In the book, you know.  And I am loving it.  Although, I miss Richard from Texas.  Stay tuned for more...

3 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

I am going to buy this book this weekend...you have me sold. When do you need the cake august 4th? And for how many people? you need to call me ...936-828-8915. We can discuss what you want and need and go from there

Melissa said...

I have been passing the book on the shelf in the bookstore for months. I think I'll go buy it this weekend!

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you are enjoy EPL. It is definitely one of my FAVES. Its inspirational.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...