Photobucket

Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm just not into it...


I tried to get "back to normal" - whatever the hell that means, but I have way too much on my mind to concentrate on the year of 1996.  Or any other year, for that matter.  And by the lack of players, I think ya'll will be fine with my decision. 

The things I do recall from 1996:

  • I graduated from Theodore Roosevelt High School in San Antonio, Texas.  We were the Rough Riders.  Long before DMX and his Ruff Ryders came about.  That's right, I'm reppin'!

  • Our class song was You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.  I am so not kidding!  But, the "it" crowd kinda re-named our class song to I Got 5 On It!  I still love Michael though...

  • In addition, our 5A Football Team won the State Championship our graduation year!  My dude was the star running back, and was on the cover of Texas Highschool Football magazine.  Just sayin'...I was Lieutenant Colonel of the dance team.  We were the Patriots!

  • I headed off to college in the Piney Woods of East TexasStephen F. Austin State University.  Man, those were some of the best days of my life!

  • Me and the dude began our relationship...15 years later...we still hangin' on.  (barely)

  • And I adored him...his music, still do!

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.


Through every dark night,


theres a bright day after that.



So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it.

~ Tupac Shakur
{need to remember that quote right now...}


LOL!  Can you find me?  Circa 1997...I'm ahead one year, but so what?  This is just too hilarious not to post.  I am in that pic, with my sorority sisters, at a Crips and Bloods Fraternity Party.  We were gettin' our thug on....sorority style.  Ha!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hilarious. I pulled some photos out that I was scan, but the day just got a way from me. Way too much going on 'round here. I did not realize you and dude had been together that long! That's a long time. Is that Diana? I did not know you two were sorority sisters or that y'all even went to the same school. Fun! I miss my college days....*sigh*

bananas. said...

i don't know what's more shocking...the fact that you and your man have been together for 15 years!!! or that you were in a sorority. goo! lol.

and um i love 2pac. LURVE HIM!

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Ok, I love your Flashback Fridays! Throw me a bone every now and again, would you please!
Oh, I bet you and your football star man were the "HOT" couple, he he!
I have a feeling you would of been asking me to buy some beverages for you two (I was 21 ;) he he!
Love ya
gi gi
ps, LOVE the gangsta pic, work it girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...