Photobucket

Friday, October 8, 2010

Flashback Friday - 2001


I realize 2001 is a hard year to flashback to.  But, I also believe it is important to do so.  So, that we truly, NEVER FORGET.


Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes, or in their offices; secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers; moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror . . . This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time. None of us will ever forget this day. Yet, we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

~ President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001


Obviously, he was our President.  And I voted for him.  Judge me all you want.  I still believe he handled this tragic and unthinkable act remarkably well. 


MUSIC


1.  Lady Marmalade ~ Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya & Pink
2.  Thank You ~ Dido
3.  Hero ~ Enrique Iglesias
4.  Drops of Jupiter ~ Train
5.  Bootylicious ~ Destiny's Child


6.  When It's Over ~ Sugar Ray
7.  Play ~ Jennifer Lopez
8.  Crazy ~K-Ci & JoJo
9.  Yellow ~ Coldplay
10.  Stronger ~ Britney Spears


And we had to say good-bye to one of my all time favorite singers, Aaliyah.

 

MOVIES

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Poster

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Poster

Pearl Harbor Poster

Blow Poster

FASHION


{Vogue, March 2001}

{Italian Vogue, July 2001}

{UK Glamour, 2001}



{uh, moving on}

HOT CELEBS







I know there is so much more to 2001, but these are some of the things I remember like yesterday.  And here are a few more happenings, in pictures, thanks to TIME.



{Dale Earnhart lost his life doing what he loved.}



{anthrax scares}

{U.S. air attacks on Bin Laden and company}

{Michael Jordan's comeback at age 39}

Meli Faif graduated with a Bachelors in Business from Stephen F. Austin State University, in Nacogdoches, Texas.  Which just so happens to be the oldest town in Texas.  Cool, huh?



I hope you enjoyed my FLASHBACK to 2001.  Let's remember to NEVER FORGET!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

love the post, love the music playing as I read it and girl look I don't like Bush much, never will, but I agree he handled the tragedy of 9/11 well...others not so much. Love this flashback Friday, please keep doing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...