Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

Remember and Take a Stand!

While catching up on the worlds happenings during my lunch break today, I read where it has been 12 years to the day since James Byrd Jr. was murdered and died a tragic and horrendous death.  I was in college in Nacodoches, Texas when this happened only a little over an hour away from me in the Piney Woods of East Texas.  It horrified me.  It horrified us.  To know such hate-filled, ugly people still existed.  So close. 


{image via}

Racism is an 'ism' to which everyone in the world today is exposed; for or against, we must take sides. And the history of the future will differ according to the decision which we make.

~ Ruth Fulton Benedict

2 comments:

bananas. said...

i hate racism. i hate hate. i hate it...makes me angry and i hate that.

Summer Athena said...

I had no clue about this. Thank you for posting it. I was taken aback by what happened. This poor man and his poor family had to suffer like that.

Racism has no place in any persons life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...