Photobucket

Friday, June 26, 2009

The R&B curse of the 25th

As if you cannot tell, I am still reeling from the news of Michael Jackson's death. And listening to the radio this morning, and all of the tributes everyone is leaving, one listener brought up an interesting coincidence...
Aaliyah died on August 25, 2001

Lisa "left eye" Lopes died on April 25, 2002

James Brown died December 25, 2006
Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009

I do realize these deaths are only a small portion of the infuential leaders of R&B music, but each of them touched my life in their own special way. Very ironic that they all happened to pass on the 25th of the respecive months...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Static Major ( Lollipop- Lil Wayne) died Feb. 25

Six divided by two..... said...

I was thinking about this the other day... hmmm.
I see you have great taste in music...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...