Photobucket

Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Complete Shocker

Michael Jackson. Dead. Gone? Wow...very surreal.

I am in a state of shock.

I learned that Michael Jackson went into cardiac arrest today around 3:45 today. As if that news wasn't shocking enough...I received a text from a friend at 4:45 that read, "Michael is gone."

It was hard to believe. I suppose it still is. Very much so actually.

These are some of my favorite memories of Michael.


An icon. A legend. A whole world left in shock.


And his death comes on the very same day we were mourning the death of another American icon, Farrah Fawcett.


And we lost Ed McMahon a few days earlier. Sad. Do they always come in threes?

I think I first became aware of Michael Jackson around 1982. Yeah, I was only 5, but I knew who he was! And the more this tragic news has tried to sink in today, I have realized exactly how he touched my life in many, many ways throughout my life.

I know most of you reading this have tried to moon walk, don't lie! I know I tried. Never really could master that....I came close though. And who hasn't danced to Thriller, Billie Jean or his Pepsi commercials? I danced to Smooth Criminal for a dance recital one year. Great costume, fun dance and awesome song! (I might have to scan that picture in!?!)
And wouldn't you just know it...my senior class song? Wait for it, wait for it....You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson! Oh yeah. As you can see, I have always enjoyed The King of Pop. His incredibly talented voice. His style. He was truly a gifted performer.

And now my little performer, Layla, absoultely digs Michael too. By far her favorite artist! She can listen to an entire CD of his. One of her favorite songs is "The Girl Is Mine." And she always asks for daddy. That's 'their' song. (Heart melting.) And all bets are off if "Billy Jean" comes on.

Speaking of favorite songs. I wanted to list mine, but then I realized I could list entire albums, so what's the point? Go buy his CD's. They are timeless.

I pray for comfort and peace to be with his family, especially his children. His friends. His fans!

I hope he has found his peace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...