Photobucket

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm back...barely.

Hey guys!  I have missed you.  Hope you feel the same.

I am not gonna lie to you all though.  This Christmas was a rough one for me.  2009 was a rough one for me.  And my family.  And my friends.  And I am happy to see it go.



I know I am blessed.  Yes I do.  But, life ain't fair, as my momma would always say.  Boy, if I only knew?

I am okay.  Just sad.  I think I have hit a low and I have tons on my mind.  Not that I don't believe in you all.  But, I am just not an open book like some people are able to be on their blog.  I have lots to share.  But, not really.  I guess I am gonna leave this one between me and the Big Man upstairs.



I do and always will appreciate any prayers sent my way! 

Oh yeah - Monday was my birthday too!  Whoo-hoo. 



Baked my own cake.  Made my own dinner.  That, though - really is all good.  Never made a big deal about my b-day.  It is squwished right in between Christmas and New Year's - so what's the point?

And Christmas was amazing with Layla this year.  And my family too.  We missed quite a few special souls that went on to the other life.  And I really missed them.  A lot. 

So before I dive into blogging again...I think I need to re-group.  I am praying 2010 brings about many great changes and happy moments in my - and your - world!

When I am in need of inspiration, Thresca nevers disappoints.  And her first post on her blog spoke to me today...in a large way.  Hope everyone had a joyous and blessed Christmas.  Here's to a glorious New Year!


I don’t want to wait anymore. I choose to believe that there is nothing more sacred or profound than this day. I choose to believe that there may be a thousand big moments embedded in this day, waiting to be discovered like tiny shards of gold. The big moments are the daily, tiny moments of courage and forgiveness and hope that we grab on to and extend to one another. That’s the drama of life, swirling all around us, and generally I don’t even see it, because I’m too busy waiting to become whatever it is I think I am about to become. The big moments are in every hour, every conversation, every meal, every meeting.


— Shauna Niequist

6 comments:

Six divided by two..... said...

Happy Belated Birthday.

undomestic mama said...

I'm ready to kick 2009 to the curb too! The last 3 months were really hard so here's to hoping 2010 will be an AMAZING year for the both of us!

Six divided by two..... said...

I missed your inspiration while you were away. I pray that this situation, circumstance, or condition, will mull over smoothly for you. I know that you know that we have a great high king that we can ALWAYS turn to. I am like you - sad. But I know that this too shall pass. Have a blessed and Happy New Year. LYLAS

Six in One Hand said...

I will continue to pray for you and keep you in my thoughts. If you ever need a friend, I'm just a phone call away!!!

Em said...

I hope 2010 is a fabulous year for you

Tara said...

Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...