Photobucket

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Your Honor, may I approach the bench, please!

Those were the distinguished words that I uttered from my mouth in court yesterday.

Yes, I was in court.  AGAIN.  We are tight like that!  What can I say....I obviously enjoy breaking the law!  Kidding....kinda.  But, it is obvious that I do have an issue here.  I am working on that.  Remember my 2011 word....FOCUS! 

So, I am focusing on my speed limits.  I am focusing on those pesky stop signs.  Apparently a California Rolling stop is not acceptable in Texas.  Pfft!  I am focusing on my inspections and registrations. 

See!?!  I told you I need some major FOCUS in my life. 

At any rate - I got my lawyer on yesterday in court.  And fought a very mean and incorrect prosecutor. 

{via}

Long story short.  Mean ole prosecutor man was trying to make me set a new court date for a jury trial for one of my offenses.  Mind you, these are all traffic violations...I am no REAL thug or convict. 

He told me to have a seat and they would call me up for my new court date shortly. 

I sat down fuming mad.  Because I knew he was wrong.  I read my rights.  I knew what I had to do to make this right.  i.e. dismiss both charges.  So I had to do this....

Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.

~ Anton Chekhov

{via}

So, I stood up confidently - with my documents in hand - in front a courtroom filled with people - and spoke out, "Your Honor, may I approach the bench, please?!"  I could just feel all the eyes FOCUS (ha!) on me....

{via}

She allowed me to approach.  I stated my case.  I showed her everything I had read over time and time again.  And she agreed with me.  They called my name out for my next court date, and she stopped them. "She is with me, and you can cancel that court date." 

BOTH violations dismissed!!!  Take that Mr. Prosecutor.  Not really, but I did feel a very huge sense of "YOU GO GIRL" within me!!!!! 

To know what is right and not do it is the worst cowardice. 

~ Confucius

::

Wisdom is knowing what to do next; virtue is doing it. 

~David Star Jordan, The Philosophy of Despair

6 comments:

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Oh I want to stand with you and shout out "You can't handle the truth!" Ah ha ha!
Well little miss fast and furious, sloooow your roll, ah ha ha ha!
I can't resist!
So glad you got it dismissed, that is great news! Happy Happy Day!
Love ya
gi gi

Melissa said...

Go you!! That is GREAT news.

And what's with that mean ol' prosecutor?!

bananas. said...

daaaaaaaang! i'm impressed. ever consider a career in ciminal defense? haha...think about it.

Kelly said...

Girl you are amazing! I think I would have been shaking in my pumps! Good for you!!!!

Tiffany said...

WOW!!! That is seriously the most inspirational story I have read in a long time. You.are.my.hero! So proud of you, chica. You go girl!

undomestic mama said...

Good for you! You know I love you but I DO find it slightly funny that we're congratulating you for getting away with breaking the law :) I'm glad you stood up and confidently stated your case though - I wouldn't have had the balls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...