Photobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

'Tis the Season!

{Layla's Christmas Program 2011}

Holy cow, ya'll!  I have not even started Christmas Shopping....how crazy {busy} am I?!?! Anyway - that starts on Saturday for me, and luckily, I don't have a lot of peeps to buy for....but maaaan!!!  That was dumb.  But, such is the Meli Faif Life!  It's just how I roll....

I hope you all have been well.  I miss the blogging world, and hope my presence is more frequent after the New Year.  On the up side...I have received my Christmas Cards and I am addressing them as we speak I type...so stop holding your breath!  ha....as if....

Tumblr_lw9fogzbij1qmevz7o1_500_large
{via}

Have any of you noticed how the 'Tis the Season time gets a lil cray cray and not so carefree, nice!?!  This crazy lady in her Mercedes SUV sped around me and my boss in a very crowded parking lot at lunch today....only to stop at the front entrance to Home Goods to load 2 paintings she had obviously just purchased.  Seriously!?  If looks could kill....I would have committed murder.  Just sayin'!  So dangerous.  Not to mention idiotic.  

Speaking of more idiotic things....my dreams!  They have been crazy stupid.  And vivid lately.  And draining.  I wake up spent.  Grrrreat....I am already lucky to get 4 hours a sleep at night.  Now I am waking up feeling like I've run a marathon.  That's a joke in and of itself!  But this ish ain't funny.  

I've dreampt of a fellow blogger, Justin Bieber, and me chewing up Kale and repeatedly spitting it in some girls face.  I mean, wow!?!  What gives? 

So I finished the Hunger Games trilogy of books....so fantastic.  I could go on and on....but instead I'll say, go read em!!!!!  They will not disappoint.  Now I am reading Dear John.  (yawn!)  But it seems fitting since we have officially ended our Iraq War.  (Thank the Lord!)  

Anyway....I'm out!  Don't forget the reason for the season, ya'll!  

Christmasmanger_large
{via}


In spite of the many benefits God has blessed us with, how many times do we complain about little difficulties and trials? We lose sight of the big picture and fail to appreciate the really important things. Just as we cannot benefit from a wrapped gift under a Christmas tree until we open it, so gratitude can be seen as our way of opening the gift of God's love intended by all the small and big positive events of our lives. 

~ Ronda De Sola Chervin 

11 comments:

Chicago Chic said...

What a beautiful family photo!! ...and yes this time of year gets so crazy!

x
Rachel

Carrie said...

I am almost done with my list, but tonight starts my moms. Yes, I am an awesome daughter! :)

Love that pic!

And yes people are effing crazy right now!

Unknown said...

beautiful picture mama! love it!

Ashley said...

Yay! Sooo happy to see a post from you muffin :p

Cute picture of you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

you haven't heard of bad/crazy/vivid intense dreams till you've heard some of mine. it is RI-DIC-U-LOUS. cute guy thinks i'm borderline crazy and my twin has the same types of dreams so she is the only one who thinks i'm some what sane.

since you're done till after this crazy holiday is over, merry christmas. xoxo

Kori said...

This is beautiful! Sent your book yesterday! You should get soon honey! I hope you can link up with me tomorrow for fashion friday! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

bananas. said...

this holiday season has been stressing the *BLEEP* outta me!!!

i'm sure a lot of it has to do with work...and christmas shopping...and wanting so badly to get the hell outta dodge!

big sigh...anyway i'm off to hug my baby jesus and remember the reason for the season. ps. i'm so not religious so that just made me LOL.

Liz Mays said...

The tone of this post tells me that things are on the upswing over there, and I'm so happy for your little more happy! :)

I need to read that set of books!

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Happy Friday Honey Bunny!!!!
Aw, I love the pic of the three of you! Such a Darn Good LOOKIN' FAMILY!!!!!!
I bet miss thang sang her lil heart out!
I just started Christmas shopping last night!
Every year I have high hope of cramming as much fun and festivities as possible, but holy crap I am trying not to snap..... AH!!!!!

I need oh I don't know more time and um $$$$$!
AND YES, let's all not forget JESUS :)
LOVE YOU LOTS
I hope I make your Christmas card list :)
I have one for you,I need an address , not sure what I did with it... sorry!
Mwah!
gi gi

Baby Shopaholic said...

BEAUTIFUL family picture! So sweet! I have to do all my shopping this weekend. I have no idea on what I am going to get for folks.

Deia@LoveInTangles said...

Lol....you are HILARIOUS! I'm soooo stealing that "if looks could kill" line. And spitting kale, lmao! I so love you! The family picture is beautiful! Gorgeous fam Mel! I did most of my shopping last week(end). Get to the stores in the morning so you don't have to deal with crazies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...