Photobucket

Thursday, July 19, 2012

after the rain comes....

The Houston area has been inundated with rain in the last 10+ days.  It is suppose to let up this weekend.  But that is all yet to be seen.

It is hard to complain about this rain given the fact that we have survived, or barely survived, a drought over the last year or more.  So I don't complain.  And I know the farmers sure won't. 

Although, the 100+ home owners in my "neck of the woods", Cypress, Texas that had 5 feet of water in their homes probably are.  I know I would be.  It is hard to find middle ground in this area of the nation.  It is either dry as a bone.  Or wetter than a navy seal veteran.  :) 

I saw and captured two rainbows this week.  And they always make me smile.  {and whip out the camera always sitting nearby} 

This one was snapped by my home, in the 'burbs....


After rain there's a rainbow, after a storm there's calm, after the night there's a morning, and after a ending there's a new beginning. 


....and this shone right above downtown where I work.  Can you see it? 


For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial.

5 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

pretty pictures - i love rainbows, too ;) and thank goodness for the rain!!! my yard is greener than it's been in years. hope you're staying dry in Cypress!

drollgirl said...

that is a lot of rain! but i know texas needs it!!!!

and your pics are so fab. rainbows make everything cheery and fab! :)

bananas. said...

i was just gonna say, you can't really complain after all that heat.

plus rainbows = happiness.

Summer said...

this is awesomesauce, there always is a rainbow after a storm, and you know you and I are gonna get are rainbows we are, we will, I just know it! Those rainbows are gorgeous, and sometimes you have to look closely to find the rainbow but that is life, you have to sometimes look through all the bad stuff to find the good love you!!

georgia ~ gi gi said...

Oh, I love rainbows oh so much!
Your pics are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...