Tuesday, January 4, 2011

spark it up....the 911 call

I thought about just putting up the title of my post and letting ya'll guess what in the world went on????  But, nah!  That ain't cool. 

And neither is the fact that I had to place a call into 911 last night.  Seriously.  We were only three days - 3 DAYS - into the New Year.....I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come....


Yep.  That was basically the scene near my house last night.

I live on a cul-de-sac, that backs up to an empty alleyway.  And it was up.in.flames last night.

I was getting ready to throw Layla in the bath around 7 p.m. and I hear: 

Richard:  "Mel, look out the window up there....is that a fire?"
Me:  "A fire???!!!"  {as I peered out the window...}
Me:  "Oh.my.GOD!  Yes!  Yes!  Yes, it's a fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" {running down the stairs, Layla in tow}
Richard:  {silence....across the street knocking on our neighbors homes to alert them}
Me:  "Oh my God....I have to call 911!"
Layla:  "Mommy, there is an emergency?"
Me:  "Yes, honey.  Stay right there..."

It was insanity.  I couldn't believe it was happening. 

Even though we live less than a mile from the nearest fire department, it took those fools way too long to get there.  And apparently, I was not the first person to call.  I don't get that.  At.ALL!!!!!

In the end, all was well.  Richard and a neighbor basically put the flames out with water hoses.  And the fire department took it over from there. 

Now....I am pretty sure I know what started the fire.  Considering we heard lots of POP, BOOM, BANGS before {thankfully} Richard was being nosey and looking out our front windows...

{culprit.  That, plus some irresponsible kids!}

I really hope things calm down from here.  I don't want this year to go UP IN FLAMES!!!!  Please tell me that was not my sign.....

9 comments:

georgia~gigi said...

Wow, that is crazy! Damn kids!
It sounds like you knew just what to do in an Emergency :)
No sign! Your fine, ah ha ha!
Your too cool, ok I'll stop!
Sorry you guys had to deal with that tho' and glad everyone is ok!
Love ya
gi gi

Marcy XOXO said...

No fire here but my new year has not started out at all like I would have hoped it! I also hope it is no inclination of the year to come as I am getting married in 4 months!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my! Glad everyone is OK and no one lost their lives or property. Someone needs to throw those kids over a knee...

Summer said...

Holy Goodness, that would've FREAKED me out, silly kids geezy peezy lets hope 2011 doesn't go up in flames....

xoxo
Sums

Meg said...

wow scary... i'm glad everything worked out okay! here's to a more peaceful time for the rest of 2011 :)
xo meg

Jacquelyn Reese Baby, Kids and Home said...

Meli that is so scary!!! Thank god Richard was paying attention and noticed the flames.

Juliana said...

OMG!!!

blueviolet said...

omg, that's terrifying! I'm so glad that it was contained without too much trouble. Kids are so irresponsible!

Melissa said...

Oh gosh! That is crazy! I can't believe the fire department took forever to get there. what's the deal?

I'm glad you guys are OK!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...