Photobucket

Thursday, May 14, 2009

For Scotty

Please pray for Scotty. Scotty is Richard's sister, Melissa's husband. He began feeling ill about the past week or so. The Mangum, Oklahoma hospital claimed it was the flu, gave him a booster shot and sent him home. He felt a little better for the next two days until yesterday...he has taken a major turn for the worse.

We need your prayers, please.

Scotty was incoherent and non-responsive yesterday and they had to life-flight him to Oklahoma City for better, more intensive care. Today we have learned Scotty actually had pneumonia and an infection has spread to his brain! We have limited information at this point, but the only article I could find that sounds like what they are describing is below.


I am asking everyone to say a special prayer for Scotty to pull through! The power of prayer does wonders and our family needs that now.


Heavenly Father, You are intimately aware of the struggle Scotty is experiencing -- the pain and the despair. You know the desire of his heart to be healed of this illness. I ask now for Your healing touch. I know that You are able and You can heal him. I also understand that You will chose what is best for Scotty, and for all of us. I pray that through this trial, we will all draw close to You -- that You will be our comfort and strength. I pray that ultimately, whatever happens, You will be glorified through us. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...