Photobucket

Monday, February 16, 2009

What a lovely day...

Layla and myself began Valentine's Day in San Antonio with Mimi, Popo, Honey, Ethan and Paige! We had great intentions for a very productive and lovely day...my mother has wanted a picture, a nice professional picture of Ethan, Paige and Layla since the day Layla was born...so, we were determined to get that taken care of finally! First studio had a 45 minute wait, so we couldn't do that because we also made plans with my girlfriend, Nicole, to help her with her baby bedding. So, off to meet up with Nicole and Kristen at Alamo Cafe. (One of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio, and where we had our June 2007 Couple's Baby Shower in celebration of Layla's arrival!!!) Yummy food, very slow waiter, three rambuntious kiddos. That was a lot of fun, so, we set off to do baby bedding stuff...

Nicole decided she wants to decorate her first baby boy's nursery in red, blue and khaki, with teddy bears and animals. She picked out a few different fabrics, and we called it a day. My mother will be helping Nicole to design personalized bedding for William Wade Dillard's first room. I know they will have a great time.
From there we tried two other portrait studios...both were booked up for the day! What a big let down...we were determined to get THAT picture, and it just didn't happen.


After a long day, and it was only 4 o'clock, we headed back to the house to take our own pictures since the kids had matching outfits on ~ we couldn't let them go to waste! I am waiting on those pictures, mom. Send them my way...until then, here is one I snapped of Layla and Paige at the restaurant.

Richard, myself and Layla met up that evening to celebrate Valentine's Day. Again, this proved to be a hectic evening as every restaurant had a 45+ minute wait...with an 18 month old? I think not....Martha's Mexican Kitchen it was! The setting really never matters, it is the company you keep. And I was happy to be with the man I love and the little girl who makes our hearts melt...

A loving thought for all of our loved ones we were not with ~ we love you!

A special message to Grandma Medina...we miss you tremendously!!! A day filled with hugs, kisses and love was not the same without you here...R.I.P.

1 comment:

Tara said...

What a sweet picture...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...