Photobucket

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A look back...

Many of my friends began blogging after finding out that they were expecting! What a great way to chronicle your daily life, and provide such a meaningful "diary" for your little one? Since I missed out on that phase of my life, I thought I would share a retrospective of my pregnancy...
The above art work is the only piece I was able to finish for Layla's room due to an issue that I began having with my hands. They would go numb for no reason at all. Drove me crazy, and halted all creations for her room. Although the numbness went away, the other art work never was completed.

This is how mommy looked at our June 2007 Couple's Baby Shower...I gained 45 lbs!!! Hello double chin...I still have 5 weeks to go...
Overall, my pregnancy was easy. I never did feel "that glow" they all talk about, but I was told it did exist. Who knew?

I craved Italian food! I liked Italian food prior to becoming pregnant, but I absolutley HAD to have it when I was preggers. And ICEE's too...yum, yum.

One night, I had to have a cheeseburger, from Whataburger. Richard thought it would be a better idea to get a great burger from Beck's Prime. I did not put up a fight. That is, until I smelled the burgers in the car! I thought I would vomit before we could get home. And to this very day, I cannot eat a burger from Beck's Prime.

Layla's due date was August 3, 2007. The same birthday of my older sister, Michele. I wasn't quite sure Michele would like to share her birthday, and Layla agreed. She waited until midnight on August 4, 2007 before letting mommy know she was ready for her grand entrance! We headed to the hospital at 2 am...although Layla was ready, mommy's body was not. I was not dilated and my water had not broke. Around 4:30 am the hospital staff was ready to send me home to wait this one out...gave me two, yes, TWO, sleeping pills and told me to go home and get some rest? What? How could I possibly rest? I stood up to go home, and my water broke...

After some time, mommy was out of it, and I am sure Miss Layla felt the effects of two sleeping pills too. Her heart rate dropped and we were forced to have an emergency c-section. Layla arrived at 8:43 am!!! The only words I remember are "It's a girl...with bright red hair!" What a relief to have her here with us....

I had to recooperate for 3 or more hours, and I was finally able to see my little red head! We were all beyond shocked!! She was perfect.








1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Layla is the luckiest girl in the world to have a mommy like you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...