Photobucket

Thursday, April 30, 2009

When it rains, it pours!

But we already knew that, right? In case you haven't heard...Cypress, Texas, where we reside, was pounded with 11 inches of rain on Monday night/Tuesday morning. We were expecting some pretty heavy rain, but were told it would pass on through about 9 pm. No biggie, right? This IS Houston, Texas and we are use to some rain! Frequent rain.

I knew we were in trouble around 3 am when the rain was still coming down HARD!!! Lightning and thunder brought my 20 month old into my bed. As soon as she drifted back off to sleep, momma had to go check the back yard! Stat. That is always a good starting point because we have a retention pond right behind our house. Now mind you, I saw the water at 3 am. This picture was snapped after day light. AFTER the rain has slowed a lot! Take a look.

Lake view property! Not so much. And here is a look at the front cul-de-sac area.


Unfortunately, we have a roof leak. More than likely, it occurred during Hurricane Ike. Although I called an Insurance Adjuster out to our home after Ike, he claimed there was not any roof damage. I believe he was wrong.
Since the month of the hurricane, Spetember 2008, there was an area in our master bath that kept catching my eye. I chalked it up to the home settling and the drywall bending a bit. I was wrong.
Turns out, that same area was brought to my attention by Richard on Tuesday - saying, "Is that a leak?" while climbing out of the shower. I knew EXACTLY what he was referring to. And I said, "Probably," as I turned around to look at THAT spot. He didn't even need to point out the area. Sure enough - definitely wet dry wall!!!
Again, stay tuned to the days of our lives...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Ugh! I didn't know you had a lake house? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...