Photobucket

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Twinsies, old friends and sniffles

This past weekend myself, Richard and Layla took a road trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth area to catch up with some old friends. Richard stayed with a college friend, Cory Tuck, in Dallas, and myself and Layla stayed with an old high school friend, Caroline, and her husband and their two twins that were born on August 30, 2008. This was the first visit I was able to make up to Ft. Worth to see Caroline since she had the babies!!! I was so excited to meet them in person. The previous time I went to see Caroline was at the end of August and we were suppose to throw her a baby shower....but, the babies decided to make their grand entrance that weekend too. On Caroline's 30th birthday, no less.

The babies are just precious. James is a little man. He looks just like daddy!!! And Lauren is gorgeous. Beautiful bright blue eyes. They are like night and day and compliment eachother perfectly.

Kristen and Nicole also drove up from San Antonio so we could all catch up and be together again. We use to have Girls' Weekend every April, but with everyone having babies (me and Caroline) and the others both being pregnant (Nicole and Kristen) it is hard to make those weekends happen nowadays. It was so lovely to see my old friends again, despite all of our sniffles!!! We were all sick, or getting over an illness, except for Kristen! The school teacher who is exposed to every strain of virus out there - she was well, of course. We were all beyond determined not to cancel the weekend plans, and most of us were miserable!!!
I hope to see those ladies more often, as they always find a way to brighten my spirits! Love you girls.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Who knew, I look like a natural! :) Hahaha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...