Photobucket

Monday, February 4, 2013

Meli Monday - update on my pops

Instead of my normal, semi-not-regular Manic Monday posts, I decided to do a Meli Monday post to update on my daddy.

Southend-pier_1453409i_large
{via}

His surgery was postponed last month because he developed kidney stones and an infection that he had to get rid of prior to surgery.  He passed the kidney stones, which are mind numbing-ly painful. He just finished up his antibiotics.  Tomorrow is surgery day. 

I really wanted to be with my mom while he was in surgery but I took off two days last month to be with them only for the surgery to get cancelled last minute.  And now....here I sit at work.  Work being insanely insane.  I cannot be with her...

...and that is killing me. 

Il_570xn.419114474_th6n_large
{via}

Comfort.  Comfort for me, holding her hand.  Comfort for her.  Holding my hand.  Why is life so tough?  I know I will beat myself on a regular basis for not being there.....

95912667034240748_kjnzsliq_c_large
{via}

Can you spare a prayer?  Good thoughts?  Light and love?  

8 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

lots of love to you and your family!

Brandi said...

Sending prayers, good thoughts and love your way!

*D* said...

thinking of you sweet lady. sending love and prayers your way! I know all too well the feeling your going through...

Tiffany said...

My heart and thoughts are with you Meli. I have been in those shoes you are walking in right now. Its not fun, its scary, it hurts. Keep us posted. Prayers and hugs for you and the fam. xoxox

drollgirl said...

OH GIRL. my thoughts are with you! i hope it all goes well. i know how hard it is that you cannot be there. but i hope the surgery goes well and that you can all hug, hold hands, share smiles & laughs & love soon. HUGS TO YOU!!!!!!

Islandia Lane said...

so happy to hear that your Dad came through surgery well. Sending you the happiest thoughts for recovery. :-) **hugs**

Baby Shopaholic said...

Sending prayers your way!

Summer said...

I am so glad we talked and I was able to hold your hand over the phone as you were so worried about your daddy! So was I and even though I wasn't physically there I was there in heart as were you with your momma in heart and she knew why you couldn't be there and you were there the week before so girl you are the bestest daughter ever ever! love you me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...